Wednesday, July 28, 2010

To Present, or Not to Present...

For me presentations are always a drag. A group of people choose to work together and because we're not in high school anymore, it gets hard to actually meet and fully discuss and analyze a well thought out presentation. From my college experience (not this one), presenting together does not turn out well when everyone is on different pages. I can say my group and I definitely saw eye to eye, but we just did not have the time to create a fascinating activity to engage the whole class in. On top of lack of time and summer traffic, philosophy is too deep to condense into 20 minutes. I think the thrill of going up in class with classmates is exciting, but HAVING to do a presentation feels so redundant when not enough time (time in life in general) is given for a GROUP to come up with an original activity.
This is completely a rant... a mixture of my ideas towards presentations. I actually love my group members. I find them all to be educated intellectuals. Due to the presentation research, I was able to really analyze Sartre and his many books and essays. I guess I like controlling the outcome of things and the way things flow, so group work feels like so much more effort for me than an individual presentation would. But I definitely can go against myself, because a group of creative individuals could also come up with a great collaborative presentation. Like all things I am not certain about, here is my evaluation of a simple presentation. I think I just don't have enough time in general, therefore I'm venting on the effects group presentations have on me. My ideas are always subject to change. I might take all of this back.

No comments:

Post a Comment